How can I find out if my provider is in my Network? You can find a list of participating providers by visiting the website and follow the instructions below:
2. Select ‘Search by Selecting Plan or Network’ under Search as a Guest
3. Select ‘Medical’ for type of care you are searching for
4. Select State
5. Select Plan – Medical – Employer Sponsored – National PPO BlueCard PPO
6. Select and Continue
7. Select Doctor/Med Prof or Hospital/Facilities under “I am looking for?”
8. Select the specialty you are looking for from the drop-down box under “Who specializes in”-Recommended selection “All Specialties”
9. Enter the city, and state or Zip code where you would like to find a provider, as well as how far you are willing to travel under “Within a distance of”
10. Click on the Search button
11. A list with participating providers that fit your criteria will appear
*You may register your medical ID # and create a login to have more options.
Please contact the Fund office at (515) 243-3246 if you have questions about this information
The Plumbers & Steamfitters Local #33 is a self-funded health plan that offers a comprehensive benefits program designed to protect you and your covered dependents. Whether you are beginning a new job, having a child or adopting one, getting married or divorced, battling an illness or disability, or looking forward to retirement, the Plan offers health care coverage designed to help meet your and your family’s needs.
The Dental benefit pays 100% of preventative dental services. This includes two routine cleanings and two exams every calendar year. The Plan also pays 100% of restorative procedures up to a $1,000.00 per calendar year maximum. Dependents under age 19 do not have a maximum. Dental services are not subject to any deductible or coinsurance. Please refer to the Summary Plan Description for more details.
There is a $150.00 annual benefit per person for routine vision care.
Using your prescription drug card (CastiaRX) at retail pharmacies at the time of your prescription purchase ensures that you receive the lower negotiated rate for your prescription drugs. If you do not show your prescription drug card at the time of purchase, you will be responsible for the full cost of your prescription. Please refer to the Summary Plan Description for more details.
HRA (Health Reimbursement Account):
The Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) will reimburse your eligible health care expenses, on a tax-free basis. An HRA is established once your dollar bank reaches the six-month capacity. Please refer to the Summary Plan Description for more details.
If a sickness or accident causes you temporary disablement, you may be entitled to the Weekly Income Benefit.
You are eligible for the Weekly income benefit when you are:
– Wholly and continuously disabled because of a non-work related injury or sickness;
– Unable to perform the duties of your occupation;
– Not engaged in any other occupation for wage or profit; and
– Under the care of a physician for the injury or sickness that caused the disability.
You can receive up to 26 weeks for any one period of disability.