Plan Enhancements & Information
How can I find out if my provider is in my Network? You can find a list of participating providers by visiting the website and follow the instructions below:
- Visit: https://www.anthem.com/find-care/
- Select “Members” scroll down and enter “PSX” in the Member ID Number of prefix (first three values) box and click “Search”
- From here you can search by provider type and/or area.
*You may register your medical ID # and create a login to have more options.
Please contact the Fund office at (515) 243-3246 if you have questions about this information.
The Plumbers & Steamfitters Local #33 is a self-funded health plan that offers a comprehensive benefits program designed to protect you and your covered dependents. Whether you are beginning a new job, having a child or adopting one, getting married or divorced, battling an illness or disability, or looking forward to retirement, the Plan offers health care coverage designed to help meet your and your family’s needs.
- Health & Welfare Summary Plan Description
- 2024 Summary of Benefits and Coverage
- 2024 Summary of Benefits and Coverage (Helper Plan)
- Notice of Privacy Practices
- Why Use Doctors Now and Urgent Care Clinics
- LiveHealth Online Benefits
- Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
- Employee Assistance Program Benefits
- Mental Health Awareness and Suicide Prevention
The Dental Plan pays 100% of preventative dental services. This includes two routine cleanings and two routine exams every calendar year. The Plan also pays 100% of restorative procedures up to a $1,000.00 per calendar year maximum. Dependents under age 19 do not have a maximum. Dental services are not subject to any deductible or coinsurance. Please refer to the Summary Plan Description for more details.
There is a $150.00 annual benefit per person for routine vision care.
Using your prescription drug card (SAV-RX) at retail pharmacies at the time of your prescription purchase ensures that you receive the lower negotiated rate for your prescriptions. If you do not show your (SAV-RX) ID card at the time of purchase, you will be responsible for the full cost of your prescription. Please refer to the Summary Plan Description for more details.
HRA (Health Reimbursement Account):
The Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) will reimburse your eligible health care expenses, on a tax-free basis. An HRA is established once your dollar bank reaches the six-month capacity. You can complete an HRA form electronically by visiting https://www.ualocal33.org/hra-claim-form/. You must submit a full copy of the provider billing statement for all HRA claims. Please refer to the Summary Plan Description for more details.
If a sickness or accident causes you temporary disablement, you may be entitled to the Weekly Income Benefit.
You are eligible for the Weekly income benefit when you are:
- Wholly and continuously disabled because of a non-work related injury or sickness;
- Unable to perform the duties of your occupation;
- Not engaged in any other occupation for wage or profit; and
- Under the care of a physician for the injury or sickness that caused the disability.
You can receive up to 26 weeks for any one period of disability.